Friday 5 April 2013

Pepperberry continues to impress me!

My ”problem” with a lot of the amazing clothes I see, is that it’s all very fancy: I have a casual-verging-on-sloppy style, so though I drool (and quite often buy it too!) over the beautiful dresses and sophisticated sets I see, I quite rarely get to wear it. 

So I was very pleased with the look of the Stripe Tie Back Top fromPepperberry:



I had seen a review by BrasIHateAndLove of the “Button Trim Jersey Top” which I highly suspect is the same top just without stripes, especially because it is labeled as being based on a customers favorite!

So, I popped it in my basket in the Heather/Grey option, and hoped for the best!

Well, I was quite pleased:




The fabric is very soft, so it’s so comfy to wear! Do you remember what I said about that whenever I think “this fabric is amazing!” it always turns out to be viscose? Yeah, this is viscose (with 5% elastane)
It’s very thick and heavy, which works quite well: You don’t have to tighten the back that much to get some good definition in the front, because the tie is so heavy that it pulls in just by the weight of the knot. Which is good news for me, as I hate tight ties on my back! So overall, it’s super casual, no fuss sort of top.

It is quite cleavage-y though, I can only wear it with proper plunges, not even an Ewa Michalak S-bra will do, even though that is almost a plunge! So that sort of limits it a bit for me – especially because it is so thick, it’s not very inviting to have an extra layer under.

In BIHAL’s review, she noted that it was generous in the size, which I’ll agree with – all over. So, if you normally fit your Pepperberry size perfectly, I’d advice you to size down. Since I have a little trouble fitting my hips and bust in 18SC’s as it is, I didn’t want to chance it with a 16SC, and I think that’s wise, going by the amount of cleavage on display. I may consider getting one of those Perfect Cami’s though, and then I could probably go for the 16SC.

BIHAL noted that it was quite long, which was a plus for her – even though this is labled as being 1cm longer (which is an odd small difference), it wasn’t nearly as long on me. I do probably have a quite long torso/my belly and bum just sit really really low, but I could definitely not wear this with just leggings- my bum would be hanging out! But I quite love this length to be honest, I usually curse at tops that are just that bit too short for me, so this made it extra nice and hassle-free for me!

Overall, this is now one of my favorite tops in my closet (and hopefully I’ll get more wear out if it once I get my new EM plunge!) Then I will probably order the lighter version as well!

And while on the subject of thing I want to order next… Have you seen Pepperberry’s new stuff?
This could work for me:
Ponti Skater Dress
Oh, this is good:

Colour Block Full Skirt Dress
Love it!
Stripe Hem Dress
Need this!
Boucle Jacket
Nice!
Nautical Spot Dress
Wow!
Floral Prom Dress
Yes please!
Floral Button Sun Dress
It's like someones been peeking at my wish-list!
Paint Print Dress
This dress is so beautiful I could cry!
Crochet Detail Dress
Damn it, Pepperberry, why do you make your most beautiful things right now when I’m extra tight on money? (long story short, I’m on my last month of current income, and I had reeeeally hoped my job hunt would have had results by now….)  

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos and really cool outfit, you look great, I like your style, what a great shape and that top is so nice, the perfect touch to the outfit also you are really beautiful and your shoes rock! Your have a lovely blog by the way

    ReplyDelete